Friday, April 30

I'mBaaack!

Hola mis amigos!

I have returned from the place of learning and am back safe and sound at our house. I took some piccies of the campus and outside of my lecture hall, to show ya what it's all about up in hurr. I would have taken some of INSIDE the lecture hall but I don't know how to silence by camera's shutter sound, so didn't want to embarrass myself. It still goes even when the phone is on silent... wtf kind of silence is that?! Oh well.



[these two above are of just outside the lecture hall, stairs go up the sides to go in]

[speed sign outside - caution speed humps, hehe]

Lecture was pretty darn boring actually. I left an hour early because they started playing this video of an interview with a 70y/old neurosurgeon. It sounds interesting, but he had one of those voices that droan on in a monotone.... you know the ones? Yeah. I was outta there.

It was about the brain, they had some lambs brains for examples. The lecturer gave one of the lamb brains to the other woman and SMOOSHED it into her hand to demonstrate how squishy brains are without any kind of skull protecting them... it was. SICK. And by sick, I mean disgusting. There was mushed up brain all over the lecturn. I saw because they have a camera projecting the image onto a huge screen so everyone can see. Yay...

Although in saying that, on Wedndesday this week we dissected a sheep's brain and heart. They had balloon pumps to demonstrate how the lungs expand lol, most didn't work because of holes and rips. Gross huh. And we had to insert our scalpel into the heart valves to see how they work. Nice.

Just had dinner - pumpkin soup and two pieces of toast with margarine. Now I'm off to have some cookies'n'cream ice cream and a hot cross bun and a mini twix bar. I might take a photo of them and post later on.

Hope you had a fab day! Do comment about anything interesting that happened to you. I heart comments.

-Noelle xO

No comments: